[CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE PURE IN HEART]. Matthew 5.8
Beatitudes Series | CFA | Pastor Tracy Cook
TEXT Matthew 5.8 ESV
8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Psalm 24.3-4 ESV
3 Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully.
Three temptations of those who serve the Lord:
- To shine
- To whine
- To recline
The word pure has four meanings in the New Testament:
- Clean (Revelation 19.8)
- Suited for divine service (Titus 1.15)
- Innocent (Acts 20.26)
- Clear conscience (1 Timothy 1.5; 3.9)
Psalm 51.10 ESV10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
4 synonyms for purity: Truth, Unmixed, Unadulterated, Unalloyed
How to cultivate purity of heart:
- Apply God’s Word, Ephesians 5.26
- Confess sins, 1 John 1.9
- Be filled with the Spirit, Acts 15.9
- Stay in church fellowship, 1 John 1.7
- Expect Jesus’ return, 1 John 3.3