[DETERMINATION] Daniel 2.23, 23 07.08.2018
Daniel Series: Life on Purpose| CFA | Pastor Tracy Cook
TEXT Daniel 2.20, 23 ESV
20 …Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might. 23 To you, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for you have given me wisdom and might.
Daniel means “God is my judge” (Hebrew: Belteshazzar)
Daniel was a:
- Governor– Jew who became governor under Nebuchadnezzar
- Prophet– during 70-year Captivity in Babylon and Persia
- Author– of book bearing his name. Blend of autobiography, history, prophecy
- Advisor in courts of foreign kings
“We should never get so caught up in the meanings of horns and beasts that we forget the human dimension of the book…” – Who Was Who in the Bible, Thomas Nelson
Daniel 1.3-6 ESV 3 Then the king commanded Ashpenaz, his chief eunuch, to bring some of the people of Israel, both of the royal family and of the nobility, 4 youths without blemish, of good appearance and skillful in all wisdom, endowed with knowledge, understanding learning, and competent to stand in the king’s palace, and to teach them the literature and language of the Chaldeans. 5 The king assigned them a daily portion of the food that the king ate, and of the wine that he drank. They were to be educated for three years, and at the end of that time they were to stand before the king. 6 Among these were Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah of the tribe of Judah.
- DANIEL WAS FAITHFUL TO HIMSELF. Ezekiel 14.13-20; Daniel 1.4-5
- DANIEL WAS FAITHFUL TO GOD.
- Daniel honored God above man in his diet, Daniel 1.8.
- Daniel blessed the God of heaven, Daniel 2.20-23.
- Daniel was humble and modest, Daniel 5.17.
- Daniel was faithful in prayer. Daniel 2.17-18; 6.10.
- Daniel didn’t forget his friends on his way up, Daniel 2.46-49.
- Daniel was full of the Spirit of God, Daniel 5.11,14.
- GOD WAS FAITHFUL TO DANIEL.
- God gave Daniel favor and compassion, Daniel 1.9.
- God promoted Daniel, Daniel 2.48.
- God protected Daniel from harm, Daniel 6.22.
APPLICATION: 3 Lessons
- God’s might and wisdom can be given to you.
- Your faithfulness to God is about God, not about you.
- God’s faithfulness to you will bring favor, promotion and protection, for His purposes & glory.