[WE NEED A LITTLE CHRISTMAS: PEACE]Matthew 2.10 12.16.2018
Christmas Series 2018| CFA | Pastor Tracy Cook
TEXT Luke 2.13-14 NKJ
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”
JESUS IS PEACE AND THE SOURCE OF ALL PEACE.
Isaiah 9.6 ESV 6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Ephesians 2.14 ESV 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility
- CHRIST’S PEACE PROVIDES PERSONAL TRANQUILITY.
Romans 5.1; John 14.27; Philippians 4.6-7, 9
Romans 8.6 ESV 6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
- CHRIST’S PEACE PROVIDES HARMONIOUS RELATIONSHIPS.
Mark 9.50 ESV 50 Salt is good, but if the salt has lost its saltiness, how will you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with one another.”
Romans 14.19 ESV 19 So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.
Hebrews 12.14 ESV Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord
Acts 9.31; 1 Corinthians 14.33
- CHRIST’S PEACE RELEASES FROM SIN AND ITS EFFECTS.
John 16.33; 1 Peter 3.10-12 ESV
- Receive peace as a gift from the Lord / enter the Kingdom, Romans 14.17
- Love the Law of the Lord, Psalm 119.165
- Keep your mind on the Lord, Isaiah 26.3 ESV
- Obey the Lord, Isaiah 48.18 ESV
- Be spiritually minded, Romans 8.6
2 Corinthians 13.11 ESV 11 Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.