[GOD IS FOR US]Psalm 124 NASB 06.30.2019
CFA 75thAnniversary | CFA | Pastor Ray Brewer, District Superintendent
TEXT Psalm 124 NASB
A Song of Ascent, of David.
“Had it not been the Lord who was on our side,”
Let Israel now say,
2 “Had it not been the Lord who was on our side
When men rose up against us,
3 Then they would have swallowed us alive,
When their anger was kindled against us;
4 Then the waters would have engulfed us,
The stream would have swept over our soul;
5 Then the raging waters would have swept over our soul.”
6 Blessed be the Lord,
Who has not given us to be torn by their teeth.
7 Our soul has escaped as a bird out of the snare of the trapper;
The snare is broken and we have escaped.
8 Our help is in the name of the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
A Song of Ascent
If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, now may Columbia Firstsay;
If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, when…
- Playing the “What if?” game
- Life is hazardous and being a Christian is hazardous!
- Dealing with difficult people
- Dealing with difficult circumstances
- The Good News is that God is for us!
- We have been “Immanuel-ed!”
- God deals with difficult people
- God deals with difficult circumstances
- Our help is in the Name of the Lord!